Will is an Android engineer who loves diving into numbers and data to figure out how to bring great performance and experiences to users.
Optimizing Render Performance of Jetpack Compose
10:40 > 40 min
Jetpack Compose is a great new way of doing Android UI development, but the first run can feel a bit on the slow side. In this talk, we'll go over ways to use Compose that are fast, ways to use Compose that are slow, and 6 practical tips to improve render performance in our applications in production.
We'll talk about:
- Understanding the options for introducing Compose to your project and how they impact render time
- Configuring R8 to optimize Compose performance
- Memoizing business logic to increase composition speed
- Understanding causes of unnecessary recomposition
- Using keys on lists and elements to speed up UI changes
- Understanding how ProfileInstaller can pre-compile JIT profiles